Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gotta start somewhere

Following the logic that if Dano does something that something is either 1. an inherently good idea or 2. that something will at least provide the instrumental good of a raise in Empire Avenue stock, I have decided to give a Blogger blog a try. If Dano does it, count me in.

So I admit that I'm in this for the boost in share price. But I think it'll be good in other ways as well. I will try to use this space as a means of organizing my thoughts about the array of pixels I bump into on a daily basis - the good the bad and the just plain ugly. Now a word of caution, my thoughts on pixels can range from mmm purty colors to pondering whether light emission is sufficient grounds to consider the experience of viewing art in pixels fundamentally different from viewing art in paint. Cuz sometimes I think those extra beta waves could explain why we spend so much time surfing on a sea of near total crap.

But most of the pixels I bump up against on a daily basis are my own. I'm a digital design student, and while it's not clear yet whether I will specialize in designing for the web or for the printed page, everything I do will come to life or possibly go to press as a pixel. So most of my pixel pondering will be about my own place in the pixel universe.
But it's not personal, it's just pixels.

yeah right
EAVB_GRVJNAPJUI

No comments:

Post a Comment