Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vectors - tut, tut, tut


This weekend I need to learn how to get a textured pebble effect in illustrator. The ones you see here are from an icon set that I'm making (Guru homework). But these ones were made in photoshop, and the assignment is an icon set in illustrator. It's that scalability thang (again).
Problem is, I haven't been able to get very close to this level of realism in illustrator.



But I frequently turn to tutorials as part of my ongoing struggle to understand, appreciate and even embrace vector images (read NOT hate Adobe Illustrator anymore).
And this morning I made this nifty sketchbook by following a tutorial I found on vectortuts:





Here's the link to vectortuts so you can go try it out for yourself. I found it very useful for subtle lighting techniques and at least one example of how to use the texturizer tool.
And now that I have a sketchbook, I suppose I should try to fill it up... um with vector based illustrations, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Never made it much past basic newspaper pages, myself. Good luck with the sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adriel
    thank you so much and it's a pleasure to see you here.

    ReplyDelete